Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Vantin is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by fighting bacteria in your body. Generic Vantin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria such as, in the treatment of sinusitis; upper respiratory tract infection; bladder infection; gonococcal infection, disseminated; and tonsillitis/pharyngitis.
How to take
Take Generic Vantin with food. Generic Vantin works best if it is taken at the same time each day. To clear up your infection completely, continue using Cefpodoxime for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- unusual bleeding or bruising;
- cough, wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- seizure (convulsions);
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath (even with mild exertion); or
- increased thirst, loss of appetite, urinating less than usual or not at all.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillin). Also tell your doctor if you have kidney disease or a history of intestinal problems.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Before taking Generic Vantin, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- lithium (Lithobid);
- probenecid (Benemid);
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- antiviral medicines such as adefovir (Hepsera), cidofovir (Vistide), or foscarnet (Foscavir);
- cancer medicine such as aldesleukin (Proleukin), carmustine (BiCNU, Gliadel), cisplatin (Platinol), ifosfamide (Ifex), oxaliplatin (Eloxatin), plicamycin (Mithracin), streptozocin (Zanosar), or tretinoin (Vesanoid);
- a diuretic (water pill) such as bumetanide (Bumex), furosemide (Lasix), indapamide (Lozol), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Lopressor, Vasoretic, Zestoretic), metolazone (Mykrox, Zarxolyn), spironolactone (Aldactazide, Aldactone), torsemide (Demadex), and others;
- a medication that reduces stomach acid, such as an antacid, or cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid), omeprazole (Prilosec), ranitidine (Zantac), and others;
- IV antibiotics such as amphotericin B (Fungizone, AmBisome, Amphotec, Abelcet), amikacin (Amikin), bacitracin (Baci-IM), capreomycin (Capastat), gentamicin (Garamycin), kanamycin (Kantrex), streptomycin, or vancomycin (Vancocin, Vancoled);
- medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection, such as sirolimus (Rapamune) or tacrolimus (Prograf).
If you miss a dose of Generic Vantin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose, and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at once.
Store Generic Vantin at controlled room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Replace cap securely after each opening. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) is permitted. Keep Cefpodoxime out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”