Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Depo-Medrol is used to treat pain and swelling that occurs with arthritis and other joint disorders. This medication may also be used to treat various conditions such as blood disorders, severe allergic reactions, certain cancers, eye conditions, skin/intestinal/kidney/lung diseases, and immune system disorders.
Generic Depo-Medrol decreases your immune system's response to these conditions and reduces symptoms such as swelling, pain, and allergic-type reactions. The active ingredient of Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid hormone.
How to take
Use Generic Depo-Medrol as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
The recommended dose of Generic Depo-Medrol varies widely depending on the condition being treated, response to the medication, the form of the medication being used, the age and size of the person using the medication, and individual circumstances.
Taking this medication with food will help to prevent stomach upset.
It is important to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Generic Depo-Medrol.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Acne; dizziness; headache; increased appetite; increased sweating; mild fatigue or tiredness; nausea; pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site; trouble sleeping.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness);
- bloody, black, or tarry stools; changes in body fat; changes in menstrual period; chest pain; fainting; fever, chills, or sore throat; increased hunger, thirst, or urination; mental or mood changes (eg, depression, personality or behavioral changes);
- muscle pain, weakness, or wasting; seizures; severe nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; slow, fast, or irregular heart beat; slow wound healing; stomach pain;
- sudden, severe dizziness or headache; swelling of the feet or legs; tendon, bone, or joint pain; thinning or discoloration of the skin;
- unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual skin sensation; unusual weight gain; vision changes or other eye problems; vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur.
Some medical conditions may interact with Generic Depo-Medrol. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of bleeding problems, heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure, recent heart attack), high blood pressure, kidney problems, liver problems (eg, cirrhosis), low blood potassium levels, diabetes, seizures, an underactive or overactive thyroid, adrenal gland problems, fluid retention (eg, swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet), or any mental or mood problems
- if you have recently had a fungal, bacterial, viral, or other type of infection; herpes infection of the eye or other eye problems (eg, glaucoma, cataracts); chickenpox; measles; or shingles
- if you have HIV infection or tuberculosis (TB), or you have ever had a positive TB skin test
- if you have stomach problems (eg, ulcers), intestinal problems (eg, blockage, perforation, infection, unexplained diarrhea, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis), or inflammation of the esophagus, or you have had recent intestinal surgery
- if you have weak bones (eg, osteoporosis), muscle problems (eg, myasthenia gravis), or recent head trauma
- if you have had any recent vaccinations (eg, smallpox)
Some medicines may interact with Generic Depo-Medrol. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Aprepitant, azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), clarithromycin, cyclosporine, Generic Diltiazem, neostigmine, or troleandomycin because side effects, such as adrenal gland or nervous system problems (eg, seizures) or severe muscle weakness, may occur
- Estrogens (eg, oral contraceptives) and macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin) because they may increase the risk of Generic Depo-Medrol suspension's side effects
- Aminoglutethimide, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, cholestyramine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, or rifampin because they may decrease Generic Depo-Medrol suspension's effectiveness
- Amphotericin B, aspirin, digoxin, live vaccines, mifepristone, potassium-depleting diuretics (eg, furosemide), quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), or ritodrine because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Generic Depo-Medrol suspension
- Aldesleukin, oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), antidiabetic medications (eg, glipizide), isoniazid, salicylates (eg, aspirin), or certain skin tests (eg, skin allergy tests) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Generic Depo-Medrol suspension
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur.
If you miss a dose of the medication and are taking the medication once a day, but don't remember until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. If you are taking the medication more than once daily, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Store this medication at room temperature. Keep away from children and pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”