Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Asacol is used to treat ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, proctitis, and proctosigmoiditis. Generic Asacol is also used to prevent the symptoms of ulcerative colitis from recurring.
Mesalazine is a bowel-specific aminosalicylate drug that acts locally in the gut and has its predominant actions there, thereby having few systemic side effects. As a derivative of salicylic acid, mesalazine is also thought to be an antioxidant that traps free radicals, which are potentially damaging byproducts of metabolism.
How to take
Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
Take Generic Asacol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take Generic Asacol with a full glass of water.
Generic Asacol can usually be taken with or without food. Follow your doctor's instructions. Do not crush, break, or chew a Generic Asacol tablet. Swallow the tablet whole.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Asacol: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking Generic Asacol and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe stomach pain, cramping, fever, headache, and bloody diarrhea.
Less serious Generic Asacol side effects may include:
- mild nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, gas;
- fever, sore throat, or other flu symptoms;
- headache or dizziness;
- tired feeling; or
- skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction. Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity while you are using Generic Asacol.
Before taking Generic Asacol, tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- azathioprine (Imuran) or mercaptopurine (Purinethol);
- pentamidine (Nebupent, Pentam);
- tacrolimus (Prograf);
- amphotericin B (Fungizone, AmBisome, Amphotec, Abelcet);
- antibiotics such as capreomycin (Capastat), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater), vancomycin (Vancocin, Vancoled);
- antiviral medicines such as acyclovir (Zovirax), adefovir (Hepsera), cidofovir (Vistide), or foscarnet (Foscavir);
- cancer medicine such as aldesleukin (Proleukin), carmustine (BiCNU, Gliadel), cisplatin (Platinol), ifosfamide (Ifex), oxaliplatin (Eloxatin), streptozocin (Zanosar), or tretinoin (Vesanoid);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), indomethacin, nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Asacol.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Asacol at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”